Alresford Town 2-1 Sholing Development Squad

Phil Osbourne 52, Jamie Nash (pen) 90+2 / Harry Butler 78

Wyvern East Division - 15/09/16 – Alrebury Park

ALRESFORD TOWN: Will Barnett, Jack Nicholls (Phil Osbourne 45), Oliver Jordan, Luis Morais, Scott Gilham, Chris Holley [c], Dan Strange, Sayem Kabir, Jake Rickhaus (Sam Ross 72), Jamie Nash, Musah Stromburi. Subs: Steve Gulliver, Scott Shearman, Ash Downs.

Yellow Cards: Phil Osbourne,

SHOLING: Jordan Brooks, Jack Fisher, Jean-Luc Ramdin, Sam Gregory, Liam Attrill [c], Harry Butler, Tanka Madzvamutse (Connor Pearson 70) , Kieran Winman, Marlon Mason, Sam Jenman (Jamie Staples 64), Luke Bergg, Subs: Lequinton Mason, Cameron Ross

Yellow Cards: Sam Jenman

Referee: Andrew Bailey Attendance: 62

Team News: Sholing development side once again fielded mainly a youthful line-up, with 7 16yr olds 2 17yr olds and 4 18yr olds. Jordan Brooks replaced the injured Josh Helm, Jack Attrill was rested having played 48hrs earlier and replaced by Jean-Luc Ramdin. Harrison Butler was reward with a start following his equaliser on Saturday coming off the bench. Marlon Mason & TK returned with Jamie Staples dropping to the bench.

The game kick off with storms in the background closing in but no rain. Sholing started lively and pressed high early winning the first free kick in the opening minute. This was followed by Marlon Mason winning their first corner but no one could convert Kieran Winman’s effort.

Alresford first real effort on goal came after 23 mins when Jordan Brooks played a short goal kick to Jean-Luc Ramdin but he was dispossessed by Jamie Nash but the forward put his effort wide. Alresford had another chance moments later but again failed to hit the target.

By now the rain was falling and electrical storms were the only thing lighting up Alrebury Park. On 26 mins Sam Jenman wins a free kick, he hits his effort into the wall but wins the ball back and his delivery into the area is better but Tanka (TK) Madzvamutse fails to apply the finishing touch. Two minutes later Sholing are once again pressing forward Marlon Mason sends Luke Bergg down the left wing but the forward was denied by the defender and won a corner. Kieran Winman picks out Marlon Mason but again Will Barnett in the Alresford goal isn’t fully tested.

7 minutes before half time Referee Bailey produces the first caution of the evening when Sam Jenman pulls back the Alresford midfielder. The first half finished in pouring rain and a dramatic skyline of the electrical storm no upon us. HT: 0-0

During the half time break the referee sort the advice of the match observer to discuss the state of the weather. It was agreed it was a passing storm and 2nd half shouldn’t be effected too much. Alresford made an immediate substitution with full back Jack Nicholls being replaced by Phil Osbourne. Within 7 minutes of being on the field Phil Osbourne wins a free kick and from 35 yds out his cross into the Sholing area loops over Jordan Brooks & into the net.

Sam Gregory receives a stern lecture from Referee Bailey and escapes a yellow card for his foul. Alresford make their 2nd sub on 59 mins with Musah Stromburi being replaced by Steve Gulliver. The weather began to ease leaving the pitch with a bit of zip in it. Just over the hour Iain Calder made his first change with Jamie Staples replacing Sam Jenman, this was followed six minutes later with Connor Pearson replacing Tanka Madzvamutse to add a bit more pace into the midfield. Steve Gulliver was cautioned on 70 mins for a foul. 8 minutes late Sholing were reward when another Kieran Winman found Harry Butler to equaliser with his second goal in two games. Alresford made their final change before the restart with Sam Ross replacing Jake Rickhaus. 2 minutes later Jordan Brooks had to be at his best to deny Alresford the lead with a finger-tip save to keep the score level. With the match approaching stoppage time the storms returned, and on 92 mins Captain Liam Attrill upended the Alresford forward and the spot kick was awarded. Jamie Nash stepped up and was almost denied by Jordan Brooks’s left hand but the Sholing keeper’s touch couldn’t prevent the ball nestling into the Sholing net. There was not time to restart the game as the referee blew for the end of the match. FT 2-1

On reflection a draw would have been a fair result so that now means the two League losses we have endured have been inflicted on 88 mins at Liss and now on 92 mins at Alresford, prove that we need to see these matches out to the final whistle. Next up for the young boatmen is Colden Common in the Southampton Senior Cup followed by a League with them a week later.